Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Allowed To Grow: Aesthetic Questions


I'm still struggling with some of these aesthetic choices and whether or not they're working with my concept for "Allowed to Grow." I don't know if all the images in the series should follow the same process when it comes to my mark making choices. If they do, will the story become boring, and will my process become too mechanical? If they don't, will they feel disconnected?


Looking back on "Victory," I appreciate this kind of line drawing for the way it captures the imperfections of hand-made imagery. The marks are organic, full of movement, and contain a certain level of mystery and incompleteness that allows for a lot of interpretation and imagination. These subjects are suggestions, but can still dominate a composition conceptuallly.
















All content copyright© 2014 Adriana Vawdrey


No comments:

Post a Comment